Cross Country (Grades 6-8) Co-ed
Practices for the Cross Country team will begin on the first day of school, Monday, August 27th, 2018 from 2:20-3:00pm for the first week. There are no tryouts necessary since there is just one team. Please have your child bring the appropriate gear each day: athletic shorts, t-shirt, running shoes, and a reusable water bottle. The Cross Country season runs from August 27th to November 16th. Subscribe to see schedules if you wish here.
- Practices will be Monday through Thursday from 2:20-3:30pm. Practice on Fridays will be from 2:20-3:00pm. The team will meet at the lunch tables near the field.
- There will be one 1.5 mile race per week, beginning late September, hosted by a different school each week.
- Two races are run each meet – one for girls and one for boys.
- Team members are required to attend all practices and meets unless sick or injured.
- Student-athletes will compete in every race as long as they abide by the RSF Athletic Department Guidelines and Code of Conduct.