Cross Country (Grades 5-8)
Practices for the Cross Country team will begin on the first day of school, Monday, August 28th, 2017 from 2:20-3:30pm. There are no tryouts necessary since there is just one team. Please have your child bring the appropriate gear each day: athletic shorts, t-shirt, running shoes, and a reusable water bottle. The Cross Country season runs from August 28th to November 17th.
- Practices will be Monday through Thursday from 3:00-4:00pm. Practice on Fridays will be from 2:20-3:00pm. The team will meet at the lunch tables near the field.
- 6th-8th grade students will attend study hall Monday-Thursday from 2:20-3:00pm.
- There will be one 1.5 mile race per week, beginning late September, hosted by a different school each week.
- Two races are run each meet – one for girls and one for boys.
- Team members are required to attend all practices and meets unless sick or injured.
- Student-athletes will compete in every race as long as they abide by the RSF Athletic Department Guidelines and Code of Conduct.