Golf (Grades 6-8) Co-ed
Golf tryouts will be held on Wednesday, September 5th, 2018 from 3:30 to 6:00 PM at the Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club. Interested students will be in Study Hall from 2:20-3:00 on the school days leading up to tryouts and on days in which there are no practices or matches. The team practices and home matches are on Wednesdays from 3:30-6:00pm at the Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club. Away matches will be a different day during the week and students must be drive to those courses by a parent. Students may be driven to the RSF Club course by their parent, but the golf coach will walk the remaining student’s with their bags to the golf course on practice and home match days. Student-athletes will be selected to the team based on ability level observed at the tryout of a 55 stroke play. The Golf season runs from September 5th through November 16th (golf play will end with Daylight Savings, and remaining time of the season students will be in Study Hall 2:20-3:00. Subscribe to see schedules if you wish here.
- All student-athletes on the Golf team will be on the roster, our highest (and only) level of competition.
- Consists of and limited to 6th-8th grade student-athletes. In the event that there are not enough 6th-8th grade student-athletes to fill the roster a 5th grade student-athlete may be invited to fill the spot at the Athletic Director’s discretion.
- Student-athletes must be able to shoot a 55 in 9 holes to participate on the team.
- Student-athletes are expected to attend all golf practices and matches as well as abide by the RSF Athletic Department Guidelines and Code of Conduct.
- Student-athletes will be chosen based on ability level observed at the tryout and/or their handicap.
*RSF has a limited amount of time to utilize the golf course facilities. Depending on the interest level in this sport, cuts may be necessary at the beginning of the season to keep the size of the team at the maximum allowable level.
*Please remind all players of RSFGC dress code. This applies even for the children and spectators observing.