Golf (Grades 6-8)
Golf tryouts will be held on Wednesday, September 6th, 2017 from 3:30 to 6:00 PM at the Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club. The team practices on Wednesdays from 3:30-6:00pm at the Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club. Students must be driven to the golf course for practices. As practices are after school, golf team members will attend General PE or complete an ISPE contract for fall trimester. Student-athletes will be selected to the team based on ability level observed at the tryout and/or their handicap. The Golf season runs from August 28th through November 17th.
- All student-athletes on the Golf team will be on the roster, our highest (and only) level of competition.
- Consists of and limited to 6th-8th grade student-athletes. In the event that there are not enough 6th-8thgrade student-athletes to fill the roster a 5th grade student-athlete may be invited to fill the spot at the Athletic Director’s discretion.
- Student-athletes must be able to shoot a 55 in 9 holes to participate on the team.
- Student-athletes are expected to attend all golf practices and matches as well as abide by the RSF Athletic Department Guidelines and Code of Conduct.
- Student-athletes will be chosen based on ability level observed at the tryout and/or their handicap.
*RSF has a limited amount of time to utilize the golf course facilities. Depending on the interest level in this sport, cuts may be necessary at the beginning of the season to keep the size of the team at the maximum allowable level.